|The Bowling Green Speedway Preservation
Society is a non-profit organization that was formed by a group of dedicated
racers and fans alike to preserve the history
of the short-lived, but long remembered, Bowling Green Speedway and the men who raced there.
Carved into the hills of
Southern York County, Pennsylvania, the legend was born in
1952. Although this high banked, 1/2-mile dirt track only
existed until 1956, it forever changed the lives of all who
Most of those who raced there were just
beginning their racing careers. A few even went on to
become legends in their own right. Now after more than
50 years, these same drivers, owners, mechanics and fans
have reunited to honor that common past. We are the
Bowling Green Speedway Preservation Society.
In order to share that
history, the BGSPS decided to create this website to serve
as an archive for that history.